After hearing about another Charlie Sheen debacle on the news this morning, I thought it would be interesting to see how different print publications were reporting about this actor's troubling behavior. I will compare stories about Charlie Sheen and how he trashed a New York hotel room after using drugs and alcohol. The stories are from The New York Post as well as USA Today.
The New York Post dominated this story. The story gave the most interesting and important facts right away in the lead. The rest of the story went on to describe other good facts and quotes. I liked this story because it gave me all the info I wanted to know right away, and I didn't have any annoying or burning questions that the story didn't answer after I was done reading.
USA Today, however, did a terrible job of getting the important info out right away. The lead was too cute and feature-like for this story and it took forever to get to the good, interesting details about this incident. To put it simply, this story was just frustrating to read. I would read the New York Post any day over USA Today.
The winner this round: The New York Post
No comments:
Post a Comment